5 Bad Influences of the Softball Field! | Softball is For Girls
When you wake up and try to dump coffee grounds in the trashcan so you can make a fresh pot of coffee and see the trashcan looking like someone was playing an intricate game of stacking to see who could get the last piece of trash on the tippy-tippy-top without the whole thing toppling over into a big mess on the floor, that you realize there is a downside to playing softball.
Yep, my trashcan looked just like one from the ballpark at the end of the day, after people have painstakingly tried to shove and tuck and stuff trash from every angle in to it, despite it being full hours before.
So today…here are some of the bad influences that softball has had on my kid! (and likely yours too)
- The uncanny ability to stack trash! No one wants to walk an extra 125 feet (because who has time for that) to another trashcan, or volunteer to empty the trashcan at the ball park, so our kids (and us) stuff and stack water bottles and everything else as high and wide as possible into the trashcans – without being the one to make it spill over. Lord forbid the wind blow, because then there will be a mess to pick up!
- The INABILITY to smell their own feet. Look, if I fart in another room I am the grossest thing my kids have ever set eyes on. Apparently, they can smell it from three rooms away. But let them take off their cleats and hear me complain about the smell – or get pissed because their nasty feet are contaminating my couch or car, and they act like its no big deal. I would rather hold a dead squirrel over my nose than smell those feet.
- The “If its yellow, let it mellow” thing! No one wants to be the first one to flush the toilet at the ballpark and make it overflow. It’s bad enough that you have to go in these places to actually USE the bathroom. But if you make it passed noon before they start gurgling and overflowing and people start throwing used toilet paper in the trashcan (or on the floor) out of fear of it overflowing on their slides, you should consider yourself lucky. The thing is – I find myself constantly flushing other peoples pee at my own home now – and we don’t have any plumbing issues. I mean, I realize we are in a drought – but PLEASE FLUSH THE TOILET!
- The lack of Knowing when to use their INSIDE Voice! The ballfields certainly aren’t the quietest place on Earth. But take a group of these girls to eat, and it sounds like they are all shouting. Maybe its just excitement…but I find myself saying, “Shhhhh….you are in a restaurant now!”
- The inability to complete an entire water bottle without either losing it, or it getting too hot to drink. What’s in that trash can? Half empty water bottles and gatorades. Why is it I am constantly buying the larger bottles of water instead of the little ones? And why are the little ones more expensive? And worse…this bad habit spills over at home. At the end of the day, I find plenty of half drunk water bottles scattered around the house.
The HOLIDAYS are coming! Be sure to CHECK OUT OUR POSITION SHIRTS! All up for a LIMITED TIME – in LIMITED QUANTITIES for the HOLIDAYS! (Some have already sold out!) THESE and MANY MORE!
get sifg in your inbox
Receive occasional updates about sales, new products, coupon codes, and more!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.